The History of PDM

In 1870 T & C Martin commenced creosoting poles and timber in their Dublin plant situated in North Wall. Creosoting continued there until 1967 when the company ceased trading.

In 1968 two cousins Patrick and Derek Martin moved the operation to Kill, Co. Kildare where the company still trades today although no longer owned by the Martin family.

In 1979 Patrick and Derek Martin sold PDM to Ocean Transport & Trading, based in Liverpool. Patrick and Derek both remained as directors and reported to the Sutton Group, based in Cork.

In 1987 Meyer purchased PDM They shut down softwood and hardwood sectors and expanded the treating facilities, with large investment in new plant and fabrication sheds. Derek Martin retired in 1987 whilst his cousin Patrick remained as a director on a part time basis until his retirement in 1996.

In March 2000 Saint-Gobain purchased Meyer and in the process acquired the poles division which comprised of two companies, PDM in Ireland and Calders & Grandidge in Lincolnshire, UK.

PDM now employ 33 people in total,ten of which are office staff and four of which are lorry drivers.

Our team consists of the following people;

Richard O'Connor - General Manager

Michael Brogan - Fencing Sales Manager

Noelle Roche - Finance Manager

Catherne O'Sullivan - Quality Assurance Manager

John Mc Gettigan - Environment Manager

Martin Brady - Health & Safety Co-Ordinator, CI Manager

Martin Brogan - Operations Supervisor

 

Modern Slavery Act 2015

Saint-Gobain works closely with its supply-chain to ensure that products produced and supplied to the Group not only meet legislative requirements but also consider important factors like, sustainability of raw materials, lowering the embodied carbon of the products, and ensuring that social conditions for workers meet internationally recognised standards such as the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact - which Saint-Gobain signed up to in 2003.

http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/info-contacts/modern-slavery-act-2015/